Episode 158 features Kim Turner, Communications Manager for San Bernardino County Sheriff’s Department in California. She’s also the President of Kim Turner LLC. In this episode Kim tells her 9-1-1 story from dispatch to a police officer and back to run a dispatch center. She shares her experience with a car accident that caused a traumatic brain injury and how dispatch saved her life. She also shares stories from two major incidents in and around her county.
This is a must listen! As always if you have any comments, questions or you want to be a guest on the show, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Podcast Sponsor –
San Bernardino County Terrorist Attack –
Episode topics –
- Kim’s 9-1-1 story
- How 9-1-1 dispatch saved her life
- The Christopher Dorner incident
- San Bernardino County Terrorist Attack
- And more…
Ep 157 features Tracy Eldridge, 9-1-1 Operations Lead for RapidSOS. This episode was recorded live at the 2017 IPSTA conference at the Crowne Plaza in Springfield, Illinois. In this episode Tracy shares her 9-1-1 dispatch story, her realization of having PTSD, dealing with it and her transition from the dispatch center to becoming an Industry Partner with RapidSOS. This is a must listen so please check it out and share.
If there are any questions for Tracy regarding her training or PTSD advice please email her at email@example.com.
As always if you have any comments, questions or you would like to be a guest on the show email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Sponsored by Dispatch In Depth Podcast by IAED
Mentioned in the podcast –
PTSD BUNKER GEAR FOR YOUR BRAIN
Episode topics –
- Tracy’s 9-1-1 story
- A call with Lexi
- Battling PTSD
- Dispatch Training
- A transition to RapidSOS
- HAUNTED MICHIGAN: Al Capone & the Ghosts of Allegan County’s ‘Yellow Motel’
- The Final Insanity of Al Capone: Was Notorious Gangster Haunted by a Hapless Victim?
- This day in history: Capone goes to prison
- Story 1 – The suspicious 2
- Story 2 – The Yellow Motel & Al Capone
- Story 3 – Home is where the ghosts are